Well…it is always a bittersweet moment when a year comes to an end. I know for me, it is always good knowing that there is a fresh start ahead with new beginnings. Reflecting on the year 2015 made me realize how blessed I am, how hard I have worked, and how far I have come. I hope that I can grow as a person even more throughout 2016.
2015 was a year of successes and hardships, trials and tests, victories and losses. It was a year of mourning, and a year of celebrating. It has probably been one of the craziest years of my life with the most ups and downs…but the funny thing about that is that it shows I am living. It is not truly life without those ups and downs that can drive us mad sometimes.
I thought I would reflect on some of the events that occurred throughout the year as it comes to a close…I see many posts about this sort of thing…but I have to admit I like the idea. I think it is important to see where we have been, what we have gone through, and what we overcame. Reflecting on the previous year can help us for the future. So, here goes!
My Reflections of 2015:
- Last New Years I spent the holiday in a treatment facility for my eating disorder. It was tough being there on New Years, but it was definitely where I needed to be at the time. I remember we watched Frozen and drank sparkling grape juice. It wasn’t the most exciting time, but it was nice and I was with a wonderful, caring group of people.
- In the beginning of March, I was discharged from the treatment facility where I stayed for 6 months. Leaving was hard. I met so many beautiful people and formed close with relationships that made it very difficult to say goodbye. I had a closing ceremony and received a lovely Amethyst infused with people’s thoughts and intentions for me. I cried so much because the love I felt from everyone there was overwhelming. Completing my treatment there was a big accomplishment, and something I hold close to my heart.
- In April, I created this little blog of mine! Since I was unable to be in school and still working on recovery intensively, I needed something to keep me busy and I really wanted to help others in some way. I love writing, so I thought creating a blog would be a lot of fun. I now have over 100 followers and I am so blessed.
- I attempted to complete a course over the summer, but I was too sick with my chronic illnesses and anxiety to follow through…so I ended up dropping it.
- After staying home all summer, I decided it was time for me to go back to school to try and finish up my degree for the fall semester. I was able to stick with taking three online courses and successfully completed my first semester in a long time back at school.
- I took two trips to the Cleveland Clinic. The first was in September where I spent an entire day going through tests. The second was just 3 weeks ago where I was there for two days going over all of my test results and going to various appointments. It was then that I learned that I definitely have POTS and vasovagal syncope, and possibly some other things. I go back to the clinic for further tests in a few weeks.
So those are the top events that occurred throughout the year 2015. My wish for all of you for 2016 is inner peace, love and happiness. Happy New Year loves!