Hello lovelies! I hope you are all having a good week so far. In light of Thanksgiving tomorrow, I thought I would dedicate a post to all of the things that I am thankful for.
One year ago, I was spending Thanksgiving in a treatment facility in Arizona for my eating disorder. Needless to say, I was not spending Thanksgiving the way that I wanted or hoped. I missed my family, my friends, my dog, and my usual Thanksgiving routine. This year I am happy to say that I am home with my family and we have a new addition to our family that I am so thankful for: my puppy Fiona. My sister just came home from college and we are all together for the first time in months-it is a super great feeling.
So here is my list of things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- I am thankful that my sister made it home safely last night from Minnesota.
- As I already mentioned above, I am thankful for my puppy Fiona who always makes me smile.
- I am thankful for my family, who always has my back and my best interest at heart.
- I am thankful for my new baby cousin who was adopted yesterday! There couldn’t have been a better Thanksgiving blessing than that!
- I am thankful for my friends. I couldn’t have more supportive, kind, and caring friends.
- I am thankful for my family home by the Niagara River and the beauty that I am surrounded by.
- I am thankful for my ski chalet in Ellicottville
- I am thankful that I have been lucky enough to grow up as a skier and a sailor.
- I am thankful for acting and that I have had the opportunity to act professionally and in community shows. Acting has always been my passion, and it is something that I am very grateful for.
- I am thankful for my struggles, they have made me a better person and shaped who I am today.
- I am thankful for my education. I am grateful that I had the opportunity to attend Sacred Heart Academy for High School and for my time spent at University at Buffalo.
- I am thankful for accessibility resources who make my life easier when it comes to school and are accommodating to my disabilities
- I am thankful for the people who I met in treatment in Arizona who helped me get my life back.
- I am thankful that I stayed at Mirasol Treatment Center, it was my saving grace at the time.
- I am thankful for texting and Facebook which allows me to communicate with those who live far away.
- I am thankful for the Cleveland Clinic for helping to figure out my health issues and find the cause of my medical problems.
- I am thankful that I have an appointment with a genius doctor in Buffalo on December 1st who may be able to help me in addition to the Cleveland Clinic.
- I am thankful for my psychologist who continues to help me manage my eating disorder, OCD, and anxiety.
- I am thankful for music, which helps me get through difficult times.
- I am thankful for forgiveness and love.
I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving and hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends!